Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Latest Purchases #44



Seems like it's been forever since I had any games to mention in a Latest Purchases post. And I don't have any to talk about in this one either. I went into fye yesterday and they had some good deals on movies, both new and used. Here's what I walked out with.

I primarily went to fye to pick up Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2. They had the Blu-Ray + DVD + Ultraviolet combo pack on sale for $19.99. I still dislike Warner Bros. practice of placing the extra content on the Blu-Ray discs. I always like to enjoy extra material on movies but unless you have Blu-Ray, you're locked out of those extras, meaning there's little point in me picking up a vanilla DVD version. So I just opted for the combo pack. Sadly, I still don't have a Blu-Ray so all I can do is watch the movie, which I'm sure will be all kinds of awesome since I loved Part 1 and read the graphic novel that this movie is based off of.

Superman vs. The Elite is a movie I've wanted to check out since I saw the preview for it when I finished Justice League: Doom a year ago. fye had a used copy of the Blu-Ray + DVD + Ultraviolet combo pack for under $13 so I nabbed that up. I generally have no problems buying used games and movies from fye because they stuff is always is great shape and works flawlessly. At least for me. Superman vs. The Elite is no exception. I watched the movie and really enjoyed. Just might write up a review for it on the blog.

I've never read the book that i, Robot is based off of, but I'm a sucker for stories with robots and I loved this film when I saw it in 2004. At just $3, there was no way I was gonna pass this up. I'm kinda surprised it took me this long to buy this movie. I should have owned it years ago.

I thought the trailers I'd seen for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World looked great but when I heard it payed a lot of tributes to video games, I really wanted to check this baby out. I finally got around to watching it in the spring of 2011 and surprise, surprise, I loved every minute of it. The plethora of video game references, the hilarious fights with the evil exes, the character of Scott Pilgrim, it was wonderful stuff. I may check out the books that inspired the film someday.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble is actually something I picked up when I was getting ready to check out. It was up at the front desk with a regular price of $29.99 but was on sale for $6. Never saw it, but I didn't think I'd have much to lose for $6. Besides, I love the Trigun anime and this movie comes with a ton of extra material. At 137 minutes, this is gonna be a long anime flick and I do hope Funimation got most of the voice actors that worked on the Trigun anime. Guess I'll find out when I get around to watching it.

No comments: